Sunday, February 8, 2015

Bringing Love to Haiti

Bringing Love to Haiti
"Faith"  "Mercy"  "Pastoral"

Hello! My name is Micheal.  I am an artist and I also am deaf. My first mission trip to Haiti was in November 2014 and I immediately fell in love with the Haitian people; especially the Deaf Community in the Village of Leveque.  I received my ASL Certificate in May 2014 and am now able to communicate with the Deaf Community thru American Sign Language and  Creole Signing. I knew that God had a purpose when He made it possible for me to obtain my ASL Certificate and I believe that a large part of that purpose includes me being a missionary to the Deaf in Haiti.  Four goals I hope to accomplish through my ministry to the Deaf Community are enlightment, empowerment, education and employment. I envision two to three trips per year to Haiti working with the Deaf Community to even begin to realize these goals.  Because God has blessed me with a love and talent for art, 100% of the sale of any artwork on display here or sold through my online store at Facebook.com/Micheal G. Hammons - Artists/Art Instructor and look for Shop and click on it  will go toward financing my future missions to Haiti.  Also, feel free to send me your contact information through my online store and I will keep you updated on my trips and progress made. Thank you for your support in making these missions possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment